Get your Canadian study permit within 20 days
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reduced the processing time to 20 calendar days for Student Direct Stream study permit applications submitted electronically by legal residents of China, India, Vietnam and the Philippines. As of April 30, 2019, you must apply online. The paper-based application will be only available until May 15, 2019. It can be seen from this stream that Canada welcomes international students with good English skills and sufficient funds.
To be eligible for the faster processing through the Student Direct Stream, you must:
- be a legal resident of China, India, Vietnam and the Philippines;
- live outside of Canada when you apply;
- obtain an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution;
- have paid your first-year tuition fee;
- have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000;
- complete a medical exam to prove that you are in good health;
- provide a Police Certificate to prove that you have a clean background;
- have a minimum IELTS test score of 6 in each skill or a minimum French test score that is equal to CLB 7 in each skill.
If you have any further questions on the Student Direct Stream, you are welcome to contact our professional Canada Immigration Consultants.