About Mount Allison University
Mount Allison University is one of the top undergraduate universities in Canada. Committed to the undergraduate experience, the University shares a unique style of learning — student-centred, hands-on, community-minded, supportive, and collaborative.
Small by design, Mount Allison University offers opportunities to build one-on-one relationships with professors, connect with fellow students and the local communities in which we are located, and build a strong foundation for wherever life takes you. It all adds up to a university experience that’s truly extraordinary.
Once you come to Mount Allison, you will have hands-on learning experiences outside the classroom that will solidify what you have learned and show you how you can take that into the real world. You will learn in small classrooms, on stages, on playing fields, in forests, on mountaintops, in labs, and everywhere in between. You will be supported by a close-knit community of people that love learning, just like you.A liberal arts and science education doesn’t just prepare you for a career — it prepares you for any career. It gets to the heart of what employers are looking for and what it takes to be successful — knowing how to learn, think, understand, adapt, problem solve, communicate, work with people, and tackle today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
- Recognized as the top Canadian undergraduate university 18 times — a record unmatched by any other university (Maclean’s Magazine University Report)
- Given top marks for the quality of our interactions with classmates and professors, and our small class sizes (The Globe & Mail Report Card)
- Ranked first in student-faculty interaction, and given a high ranking for academic challenge, enriching educational experience, and student satisfaction (The National Survey of Student Engagement – NSSE)
Till date, 53 Mount Allison students have become Rhodes Scholars — one of the best records in the country. Valued at more than $100,000, the Rhodes Scholarship is one of the oldest and most prestigious in the world.
Faculty have converged on the Mount Allison campus from all over the world to pass along their knowledge to you and to continue developing their research passions both right here at home and in global partnerships.Quality begins with small classes to allow for meaningful engagement and ends with the award-winning teachers who develop and lead the programs. You will be mentored, taught, challenged, and encouraged by accomplished leaders in their field — all of whom are committed to your success.
Bachelor of Arts
- American Studies
- Art History
- Canadian Studies
- Fine Arts
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Hispanic Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Modern Languages, Literatures & Cultures
- Religious Studies
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Bachelor of Science
- Applied Physics
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (with honours option)
- Bachelor of Arts, Commerce major
- Any degree, Commerce minor
School of Aviation
- Bachelor of Science in aviation
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a major or minor in Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a major or minor in Art History
Masters of science
- Environmental science,
- Specially approved graduate programs are also possible in other disciplines of Science