Labour Market Priorities Stream of the Nova Scotia PNP will target Express Entry candidates with experience as early childhood educators
The new draw of the Canadian province of Nova Scotia is touted to issue invitations to Express Entry candidates with work experience as early childhood educators and assistants through the new Labour Market Priorities Stream. The NOC code of this stream is 4214 and is based on at least two years of experience in this labour category.
The Federal Express Entry candidates who are approved for a provincial nomination from Nova Scotia automatically score additional 600 points toward their Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score and thus go very high up in the pool to get an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent Express Entry draw.
In order to be considered for a nomination under the Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream, candidates must meet the minimum criteria laid out in the following five areas of its application guide:
• Letter of Interest from NSOI
• Additional draw-specific eligibility criteria
• Work Experience
• Settlement Funds
• Immigration Status
Express Entry candidates who are issued a Letter of Interest from the province will have to provide letters of reference from employers that meet the following requirements
• Be written on company letterhead;
• Be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager;
• Show the company’s full address, telephone number, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable); and
• Include all of the following information in one document:
- • The specific period of your employment with the company
• The positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position
• Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
• Your annual salary plus benefits in each position
• The number of hours worked per week in each position
• Proof that your work experience meets the lead statement and the majority (at least 51%) of the main duties listed for NOC 4214 found here.
To be considered by this provincial stream of Nova Scotia (Labour Market Priorities Stream), the first step is to submit a profile to the federal government’s Express Entry system. The province will target many more sectors of employment in their future draws.
The Federal Express Entry system manages the profiles of candidates in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Classand Canadian Experience Class.